Monday, February 19, 2007

Faith, War and De-Programing

You know me, I'm no Holly Roller, Jesus Freak or Bible Thumper. But I do have faith that there is a higher power for good and that there is life after death and that there will be a kind of justice when it's all said and done.
Sometimes I go to church with Shelly, just to make her happy. One Sunday, a few months back, the preacher was saying a prayer and in my mind I was saying "Please watch over _____"
(fill in the blank) I don't even remember the list of people that I was naming.
That's when a slightly strange thing happened, I saw this in my head (All?), it surprised me but I kind of shrugged my shoulders and mentally said "Yes."
That has kind of been bouncing around in my head for a while now and it has changed my attitude a little.
When I use to hear about something bad happening, I would wait to see if it was somehow deserved or if it was an enemy. Now I don't, nothing in this world is as clear cut as that.
We are use to hearing war news like this "In a clash with insurgents near Fallujah today 8 American soldiers were killed and at least 12 insurgents are reported dead."
Too bad it will never be reported as "In a clash near Fallujah 20 men died fighting for a cause that they believed in." "These men are no longer suffering but for 20 wives, 40 parents, 43 children, 30 sisters and 22 brothers, the suffering has just begun."
"On a much lighter note..."

No comments:

Post a Comment