Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Should Your Grandma be Driving?

I was driving along the other day, on the way to the hospital to meet my grandson for the first time, my daughter-in-law was in labor. As I passed by my wifes grandmothers place I saw an older model Ford Taurus heading the opposite way on the highway. As it got closer I saw that it was her grandma driving. She didn't really seem to be looking at the road but was driving fine. She had a big smile on her face but paid no attention to me as our cars passed. What makes this worth writing about? She died about three years ago. I think I saw a ghost, and what a neat day to see a ghost. On the day that her great-great grandchild was born!
I would think that it was just another old lady except for three things. It looked exactly like her, the far off look - not looking at the road at all yet driving fine and the topper, it was right in front of the house where she had lived for the last sixty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment