Sunday, January 27, 2008

Mommy my Cookie Tastes Funny

Let's say I work at a cookie company, my job is quality control. I noticed a guy (I'll call him B.S.) that I work with faking the results of tests, nothing harmful so I kept my mouth shut. (BTW B.S. is slightly higher up in Q.C. than I am) Then I notice him skipping a step in quality control that could be potentially dangerous to the customers. It made me mad, so I went to very high up in the company and told them what he was doing. They said bring us proof. Now that's a tall order but I tried and was able to bring them proof that B.S. had changed the results of my test (my tests showed that there was a problem) he changed them to make it look like everything was up to standards. They haven't done anything about it and B.S. continues to falsify test results. What should I do? I could go to the news, they would be very interested in what B.S. and the higher ups are doing but I would probably loose my job. I could go to a government enforcement agency but that is also risky. My higher ups even warned me that one of the dangers of doing that would be B.S., he is a very accomplished liar and might be able to convince them that it was all my fault somehow. Somethings got to give, I guess I'll wait until the next "company meeting" but if nothing is done, I'm going to do something. Any advice is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment