Monday, December 21, 2009

Mercury is GOOD for Your Children



"So you're saying, if I want my kids to be extra smart, I should feed them Tuna for every meal?"
"If I break open an old thermostat, I should get my kids to drink that quicksilver that's in there?"
"Well ok, since I seen it on the TV and it was two studies."
"Their teachers are gonna wonder how they got so dang smart!"
"I think maybe they should add it to the water, like fluoride!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sources of mercury. Mercury is an element in the earth's crust. Humans cannot create or destroy mercury. Pure mercury is a liquid metal, sometimes referred to as quicksilver that volatilizes readily. It has traditionally been used to make products like thermometers, switches, and some light bulbs.

Health effects of mercury. Mercury exposure at high levels can harm the brain, heart, kidneys, lungs, and immune system of people of all ages. Research shows that most people's fish consumption does not cause a health concern. However, it has been demonstrated that high levels of methylmercury in the bloodstream of unborn babies and young children may harm the developing nervous system, making the child less able to think and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment