Sunday, August 9, 2009

Health Care


I don't know a whole lot about the health care situation except that there are many people that need to see a doctor but cannot afford it. In the legal system, if you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be provided for you at government expense. Why not make it the same way with doctors? Almost always a lawyer that you hire will be better than a court appointed lawyer. It would be the same way with doctors, but it's better than nothing. Besides if a person could go see a doctor before his problem got real bad it might be cheaper to treat than if he waited until he had to go to the E.R.
In France (I think) they pay pregnant women to get prenatal health care because in the long run it is much cheaper than having them just show up at the E.R. in labor with all sorts of complications that could have been prevented. I'm not saying that I support Obama's bill. I don't know what's in it and I don't think very many other people really do either, but having it set up the same way the legal system provides lawyers seems like a logical solution to me.

If you don't think there are people out there that need health care, check out this one example.Remote Area Medical

No comments:

Post a Comment