Friday, January 1, 2010

The best films of the decade



The best films of the decade by Paul


Sometimes top ten lists get misunderstood and criticized. Now this is my list for the 10 best films of the decade. Is my list the best? Are these films 100% better over all the other competition? Truth is not really. The choice of the best is to the eye of the beholder. I loved lots of films in this decade. I could name 30 films that were superbly made and deserve attention. But it all comes down to 10. These are my favorite films of the decade. The films that made the biggest impression on me. Either for their filmaking, the entertainment, the laughter, excitement, the twists, you name it they made me enjoy the great movie making that was at work. I tried as much as I could to pick from different genres and years, so I wouldn't get too stuck. But its not always that easy. Also Ill have a list of 10 honorable mentions to the films that for me barely didn't make into the list and that are of equal quality. Hope you like my picks and if you havent seen any of these films then run to your nearest DVD store and check them out.


The 10 best films of the decade:

  1. Memento (2001) by Christopher Nolan

  2. Mulholland Dr. (2001) by David Lynch

  3. Match Point (2005) by Woody Allen

  4. Lost in Translation (2003) by Sofia Coppola

  5. City of God (2004) by Fernando Meiralles

  6. Munich (2006) by Steven Spielberg

  7. Kill Bill Vol.1,2 (2003-2004) by Quentin Tarantino

  8. The Dark Knight (2008) by Christopher Nolan

  9. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (2001-2003) by Peter Jackson

  10. Oldboy (2003) by Chan-wook Park



Honorable Mentions in alphabetical order:


Of course in the end you might not agree with my picks. And its understandable. We all have our differences. But an reminder, I haven't seen each film made in this decade, so a very important film may have been left out


So thats the 2000's folks. Lets just hope 2010's decade will be on par in quality with this decade and if not better.

No comments:

Post a Comment